Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Can't Miss New Year's Resolutions for 2014


1. Call at least one friend every week this year to tell him/her how wonderful he/she is.

2. Wear my tiara in public more often to show the world that "wearing your freak flag" can be fun and liberating.  Also tiaras are awesome.

3. Give every awesome woman in my life who doesn't already have one a tiara.

4. Carry a spare tiara or two around in my car and give them to random women who look sad or unhappy to spread the "tiara awesomeness" throughout Austin.  If I do this properly there will be a lot of women wearing tiaras around this town by the end of 2014 and hopefully all of those women will be smiling and holding their heads high.  (I will call this endeavor "Operation Tiara".

5. If I go to Walmart (which I seldom do) I will dress up and wear makeup so that I am just the opposite of the stereotypical Walmart shopper.

6. On our family vacation in 2014, a cruise to Alaska, I will do one adventurous thing with my cousin Carrie. And I will make every attempt to do whatever it is with courage. (My cousin is a freaking daredevil who delights in trying to get me to do scary things that don't scare her a bit.  Usually I refuse.)

7. I will not talk to the parents of newborn children how much sleep I get.  I have noticed that if you say things like "Man I slept 10 hours last night and I feel great!" they get upset. 

8. I will wear my Wonder Woman onsie to answer the front door when the bell rings as often as possible.  (Thank you to Stacy Jones for this genius idea)

9. Whenever I visit Starbucks I resolve to tell the barista that my name is Hanaiakamalama, the Hawaiian word for "foster child of the moon" and insist the barista spell and pronounce it correctly. (Special shout out to John McGinn for this one...fabulous idea!)

10. I will stand up and clap at the end of every movie I see and at the end of any delicious meal at any pretentious restaurant at which we eat in 2014. (I wish I would have pulled this stunt at Alinea in Chicago...I think the waiters would have spontaneously combusted.) (Shout out to Barrett Buss and Bill Levin for this one)

11. Make sure that I tell my husband how much I love and appreciate him every single day of 2014.



Stretch Goals for 2014:

A. Start jogging again.  Even if I only jog a couple of blocks at first. By the end of 2014 I would like to run a 10K.

B. Cut my alcohol, junk food, and Diet Coke consumption in half.  Generally lead a healthier life.

C. Style my hair every day.

D. Donate at least $3,000 to charity.

E. Sell enough resumes that I can buy Jonathan any new car he wants.

F. Read every page of the Affordable Care Act so that I can discuss it intelligently if necessary.







No comments:

Post a Comment